Brisbane Movie Makers
Storytelling through the lens
Brisbane Movie Makers (BMM) is an inclusive and friendly club of passionate, amateur movie makers, who meet twice monthly to network, learn, share and plan projects together. Whilst being a not-for-profit and 'amateur' club, we enjoy the company of members with diverse backgrounds, skills and experience, including a few with professional standing.
'The learning journey is way more fun if you have buddies to share it with.' Glenn Bruce
(Hover for details)
Our next Ugg competition is about 'fantasy or magic'; or silent movie (with at least 60% fast motion).
BMM offers a range of movie projects throughout any year. These may include:
Carefully planned and scripted short films;
Casual filming and editing opportunities;
The chance to develop your film ideas.
One of the major strengths of BMM is the depth of knowledge and experience in its long term members. If you are looking for a personal mentor or coach to develop your movie making skills, BMM members are only too happy to assist you.
BMM offers many opportunities for recognition. These include:
Showing your productions to a keen audience
Having your productions critiqued by peers
Entering your productions into competitions
We now offer a 3 level movie skill recognition program to encourage your ongoing development; and to recognise your efforts and skill.
What's coming up?
(Hover to open)
The Next Meeting will be on Thursday May 22nd. This time, our meeting will include:
Rotating skill sessions (20 minutes per rotation x 3 rotations)
Peter talks Pop-ups and shows the resulting movies.
John Roberts Competition Rules
- Films entered must be creatively owned by the entrant ie the concept, writing and direction must be an original work by the entrant
- films entered must be less than 15mins duration
- films may be of any genre eg documentary, drama, interviews etc
It is acceptable for the entrant to have enlisted help from other people eg extra camera person, boom operator etc
- BMM project films are not eligible for entry
- Pop Up Movies – entries are eligible only from the person from whom the idea has originated
- Music needs to be "free music" or have permission of the author
- Multiple entries are acceptable from the same entrant (each less than 15 minutes)
- note; entries are for movies produced in this current year (2020)
BMM are proudly affiliated with PSQ.
© 2019 By BMM Proudly created by Glenn Bruce