Brisbane Movie Makers
Storytelling through the lens
Brisbane Movie Makers (BMM) is an inclusive and friendly club of passionate, amateur movie makers, who meet twice monthly to network, learn, share and plan projects together. Whilst being a not-for-profit and 'amateur' club, we enjoy the company of members with diverse backgrounds, skills and experience, including a few with professional standing.
'The learning journey is way more fun if you have buddies to share it with.' Glenn Bruce
(Hover for details)
Congratulations to Paul Michaels for first place in the last Ugg Competition.
The theme of the next one is: 30 or 60 second commercial. The focus is cinematography.
Thursday 3rd September
Email entries to Glenn Bruce by Monday 31st August.
BMM offers a range of movie projects throughout any year. These may include:
Carefully planned and scripted short films;
Casual filming and editing opportunities;
The chance to develop your film ideas.
One of the major strengths of BMM is the depth of knowledge and experience in its long term members. If you are looking for a personal mentor or coach to develop your movie making skills, BMM members are only too happy to assist you.
BMM offers many opportunities for recognition. These include:
Showing your productions to a keen audience
Having your productions critiqued by peers
Entering your productions into competitions
We now offer a 3 level movie skill recognition program to encourage your ongoing development; and to recognise your efforts and skill.
What's coming up?
(Hover to open)
Our next Meeting will be on Thursday August 5th. This time, our meeting will include:
Special Guest 'Catherine Cox' on 'Scripting for adverts)
Glenn Bruce 'Misadventures of a film maker'
John Roberts Competition Rules
- Films entered must be creatively owned by the entrant ie the concept, writing and direction must be an original work by the entrant
- films entered must be less than 15mins duration
- films may be of any genre eg documentary, drama, interviews etc
It is acceptable for the entrant to have enlisted help from other people eg extra camera person, boom operator etc
- In 2021, we will have a new category for BMM project films.
- Pop Up Movies – entries are eligible only from the person from whom the idea has originated
- Music needs to be "free music" or have permission of the author
- Multiple entries are acceptable from the same entrant (each less than 15 minutes)*
- note; entries are for movies produced in this current year (2021); and entrants must be a current member of BMM.
*If we have too many entries, then limits may apply.
BMM are proudly affiliated with PSQ.
© 2019 By BMM Proudly created by Glenn Bruce